Monday, August 21, 2006

Making the funny with songs

One of my newfound friends is a fellow Minnesotan at Norwegianity. Despite my many years of internet addiction, I've only recently poked my head into the left-world of Minnesota blogging. We are here! Anyway - this gem came from him today. It's what the old SF ffan would refer to as a Filksong - you take something people know and change the words to make more sense.

As a producer of filk myself, I'm always appreciative of other practitioners.

Imagine Iraq has nukes
It's easy if you close your eyes
Cooked intel to guide us
Friends in places high
Imagine all the people
Murdered someday....

Imagine no other countries
It isn't hard to do
No one left to kill or conquer
Only our religion
Imagine all the people
Living under us....

You may say I'm a dictator
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

1 comment:

nihilix said...

Yeah, it's not >really< filk, but I think that filking is totally underrated in society, so I thought I'd give the filkers some props.

And yourself as well.